PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, ANDREW PLESZKO'S JET MINIS WILL NOT BE APPEARING AT MINI IN THE PARK 2015
JET MINI COOPER!
Featured in Modern MINI magazine
Andrew Pleszko's amazing JET MINI COOPER and Classic Jet Mini regularly make appearances at events around the UK.
JET MINI COOPER FACTS:
- Rolls Royce Viper 203 jet engine from a Shackleton Bomber (used to provide boost for take-off)
- 2,800 lbs of thrust
- Fuel consumption up to 60 Litres per minute with reheat (the process of using the hot exhaust to burn extra fuel to produce more power)
- Air flow 44 lbs per second
- Exhaust temperature up to 1,200 degrees Celsius
- FiA seat and harness, plus safety systems
- Original engine and running gear retained (but not road legal!)
- Custom aluminium fuel tanks and firewall bulkhead supplied by S B Components (www.sb-components.com)
Jet-powered classic Mini!
Featured in Mini Magazine
This amazing Jet Mini is believed to be the Worlds only classic Mini powered by an aircraft jet engine.
'Jet Mini' Car Specification:
- Rolls Royce Nimbus mk 105 helicopter jet engine
- 800lb of thrust, Fuel consumption 40 litres per minute
- 1989 Mini City with engine, gearbox & interior removed
- Running gear refurbished & upgraded, front Splitter fitted
- Removable steering wheel fitted (with throttle controls)
- FiA approved safety devices including rollcage, seat & 4-point harness
- Fuel shut-off valves, battery killswitches & extinguisher system fitted
WARNING - BOTH JET MINIS ARE S